(Note: This is a substantially revised and highly personalized version of an email I recently received from a like-minded American Deplorable. I hope you will find it thought-provoking).
I used to think I was just a regular guy, but . . .
- I was born a white male, which means, whether I like it or not, I am guilty of being a racist and sexist.
- I am a fiscal and moral conservative, which by today’s socialist standards, makes me a fascist.
- I am heterosexual, which according to some people makes me a homophobe.
- I am a Christian, which now makes me an impenitent and prejudiced infidel.
- I support the 2nd Amendment, which makes me a member of the vast right-wing gun lobby.
- I can no longer trust the biased reporting of a dishonest mainstream media, which makes me a backward-looking intransigent.
- I am proud of my heritage, love my country, and honor its flag, which makes me a jingoistic xenophobe.
- I value my safety and that of my family, and I respect our nation’s police and legal system, which makes me a right-wing extremist.
- I believe in rewarding hard work with compensation based on merit as well as an individual’s valuable contributions, which makes me an evil and greedy capitalist.
- I served proudly in the U. S. Military, and I believe fervently in the defense and protection of our homeland and its legal citizens, which makes me a bellicose traditionalist.
Because of those convictions and values I, and other like-minded Americans, are what a dishonest, twisted, and ruthlessly ambitious woman recently called a basket of deplorables.
Please help me come to terms with the new me, because I’m just not sure who I am anymore.
It’s hard to understand what’s happened to me—and so quickly! It is, in fact, strange
Chat with Authors
As a boy I read Somerset Maugham... I imagined myself on a hill in the Mediterranean writing a great novel... I do write on a...
Reading books and listening to song lyrics from a young age inspired me, and like all writers, I write on the backs of every author...
Starting with my earliest memories, I was making up stories. I grew up with tea times where the neighbors would gather. Everyone would share stories...
Hop on Lenka's List Bandwagon
In the Dark by Chris Patchell Narrator: Corey Gagne , Lisa Stathoplos Series: A Holt Foundation Story #1 Published by Audible Studios on 09-27-17 Genres: