(Note: This is a substantially revised and highly personalized version of an email I recently received from a like-minded American Deplorable. I hope you will find it thought-provoking).
I used to think I was just a regular guy, but . . .
- I was born a white male, which means, whether I like it or not, I am guilty of being a racist and sexist.
- I am a fiscal and moral conservative, which by today’s socialist standards, makes me a fascist.
- I am heterosexual, which according to some people makes me a homophobe.
- I am a Christian, which now makes me an impenitent and prejudiced infidel.
- I support the 2nd Amendment, which makes me a member of the vast right-wing gun lobby.
- I can no longer trust the biased reporting of a dishonest mainstream media, which makes me a backward-looking intransigent.
- I am proud of my heritage, love my country, and honor its flag, which makes me a jingoistic xenophobe.
- I value my safety and that of my family, and I respect our nation’s police and legal system, which makes me a right-wing extremist.
- I believe in rewarding hard work with compensation based on merit as well as an individual’s valuable contributions, which makes me an evil and greedy capitalist.
- I served proudly in the U. S. Military, and I believe fervently in the defense and protection of our homeland and its legal citizens, which makes me a bellicose traditionalist.
Because of those convictions and values I, and other like-minded Americans, are what a dishonest, twisted, and ruthlessly ambitious woman recently called a basket of deplorables.
Please help me come to terms with the new me, because I’m just not sure who I am anymore.
It’s hard to understand what’s happened to me—and so quickly! It is, in fact, strange
Chat with Authors
Topics, events and situations which shaped, influenced and molded my perceptions is what makes me write and what moves me as an author.
I cherish a video-like memory of my mother helping me with creative writing homework given by my beloved elementary school teacher, Mrs. Johnson. A half-dozen...
My mom and teachers in youth. In later years, beautiful language and life-changing stories whether from movies, songs, articles, or books.
Reading. Specifically, the world of fantasy. The book that did it for me was Alan Garner's Weirdstone of Brisingamen, a tale of magic and mystery,...
I was amazed at the experiences of T.E. Lawrence, more famously known as Lawrence of Arabia. I couldn't believe how someone was able to become...
Hop on Lenka's List Bandwagon
When Glints Collide takes a group of unknown to lesser-known writers (myself included) and combines their talents into an eclectic anthology of Sci-Fi, Horror, Paranormal
Format: Audiobook Source: Audiobookworm Author: Miss Mae Narrators: Stephen Mendel, Dave Mallow, J.W. Terry, Toni Attell, Robin Riker Length: 5 hours and 51 minutes Publisher: