(Note: This is a substantially revised and highly personalized version of an email I recently received from a like-minded American Deplorable. I hope you will find it thought-provoking).
I used to think I was just a regular guy, but . . .
- I was born a white male, which means, whether I like it or not, I am guilty of being a racist and sexist.
- I am a fiscal and moral conservative, which by today’s socialist standards, makes me a fascist.
- I am heterosexual, which according to some people makes me a homophobe.
- I am a Christian, which now makes me an impenitent and prejudiced infidel.
- I support the 2nd Amendment, which makes me a member of the vast right-wing gun lobby.
- I can no longer trust the biased reporting of a dishonest mainstream media, which makes me a backward-looking intransigent.
- I am proud of my heritage, love my country, and honor its flag, which makes me a jingoistic xenophobe.
- I value my safety and that of my family, and I respect our nation’s police and legal system, which makes me a right-wing extremist.
- I believe in rewarding hard work with compensation based on merit as well as an individual’s valuable contributions, which makes me an evil and greedy capitalist.
- I served proudly in the U. S. Military, and I believe fervently in the defense and protection of our homeland and its legal citizens, which makes me a bellicose traditionalist.
Because of those convictions and values I, and other like-minded Americans, are what a dishonest, twisted, and ruthlessly ambitious woman recently called a basket of deplorables.
Please help me come to terms with the new me, because I’m just not sure who I am anymore.
It’s hard to understand what’s happened to me—and so quickly! It is, in fact, strange
Chat with Authors
To a certain extent it was the authors I read and admired. Mann, Updike, Huxley, Faulkner and others. Additionally, there were some things I wanted...
My adolescent years were lonely, and I felt utterly bored with the world. I didn’t like to deal with drama the other girls my age...
I always have stories to tell. Far fetched, crazy stories that need to find a way out. Ideas for specific works come in different ways...
In the late 1990s, my cousin Jacquelin Thomas became a published author. I was so inspired by her stories and style of writing that in...
I have always loved reading; even as a small child I would always be found with my nose in a book. There is such pleasure...
Hop on Lenka's List Bandwagon
The Half-Assed Wizard by Gary Jonas Narrator: Joe Hempel Series: The Half-Assed Wizard #1 Published by Denton & White on 09-11-17 Genres: Fantasy , Urban